Thursday, December 13, 2012

Artist Influenced PHotography - Radical Perspective and Experimentalsm

So, the photographer I chose to emulate in my assignment was Man Ray. Man ray is known for his surrealistic PHotography style, along with use of Photograms and extreme perspectives. It is hard to emulate avant-garde artists, so I decided to Experiment by myself with different ideas and whatever seems to come across my mind.


This picture )above), was used with extreme perspective. a.k.a I placed the Camera face up on the ground and took a random shot, this is what I got. I edited the colour to make it alittle more appealing


This one was taken at random and on a whim, with me wondering what I could get from a reflection, I decided to take a picture of my reflection from a elevator door.


The first of the hallway pictures, I edited the floor to make it a different, more watery colour. WHen in doubt, turn anything diagonal.


The second of the pipe ones, this one urned out shaky, so I decided to up the shadows and the black. This looks more Lee Miller Influenced from her surrealist times, but it still works


Second of the Hallway pictures. I tried to sort of imitate a Pictogram up to a point, instead of placing objects on the lens or the like, I edited this picture to try to get the same effect


This one I just edited the colour to make the hallway dark and the end of the hallway lighter, a more different colour

This one I used the same effect, but this time made the hall way all white, sort of a duality like picture set

This one is the final hallway picture, I placed the camera on my knee and put it on TV, and just when it was going to fall, I took the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment